IGS Conference Proceedings Task Force
More than 1700 papers now included for IGS Members-only access
By K. Rajagopal, Chair, IGS Conference Proceedings Task Force
The focus of the Conference Proceedings Task Force is to facilitate the uploading of the conference proceedings to the IGS website (http://proceedings.geosyntheticssociety.org). From January to September 2014, the task force has continuously interacted with members of the Soil Reinforcement Technical Committee to collect conference proceedings material. To date, a total of 17 conference proceedings have been uploaded, and the total number of papers has crossed the 1700 mark!
Here are the conference papers you’ll find on the website:
- International Conference on Soil Reinforcement: Reinforced Earth and Other Techniques – Vols I-III (March 1979, Paris, France)
- International Conference on the Use of Fabrics in Geotechnics – Vols I & II (April 1977, Paris, France)
- Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Geosynthetics (1982, Las Vegas, USA)
- Proc. of the 3rd International Conference on Geotextiles (1986, Vienna, Austria)
- Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Geosynthetics (2002, Nice, France)
- Proc. of the 8th International Conference on Geosynthetics (2006, Yokohama, Japan)
- Proc. of the 9th International Conference on Geosynthetics (2010, Guaruja, Brazil)
- EuroGeo – I (1996, Maastritcht, the Netherlands)
- EuroGeo – II (2000, Bologna, Italy)
- EuroGeo – III (2004, Munich, Germany)
- EuroGeo – IV (2008, Edinborough, Scotland)
- IS Kyushu Earth Reinforcement 1988
- IS Kyushu Earth Reinforcement 1992
- IS Kyushu Earth Reinforcement 1996
- IS Kyushu Earth Reinforcement 2001
- IS Kyushu Earth Reinforcement 2007
- First African Regional Conference on Geosynthetics (GeoAfrica 2009, Cape Town, South Africa)
The uploading work was quite involved (and consequently slow), as all paper abstracts had to be typed in along with keyword information. These conference volumes are available to IGS members under the “members only section.” Click on “Proceedings Library.” Here’s how to access the papers:
- Abstracts of all papers can be seen by any interested person, including non-members through Google search.
- Access to full papers is only available after logging into the secure IGS website using membership number and password.
- All papers are tagged with keywords of location, year, author names, conference name, and session titles.
- Keyword search is by authors, conference location, session, etc., if possible.
The web access is quite robust and works well. Students should take particular notice of this advanced membership feature. Questions about the Proceedings Library? Please contact IGS Secretariat Diana Davis, IGSsec@GeosyntheticsSociety.org, +1 561-768-9409.