In the spirit of St. Valentine’s Day, we at the International Geosynthetics Society want to send you a heartfelt thank you for being a member. And, because we want you to know our true affection for members and future members, we’d like to provide some details on benefits you receive when you are a member of the IGS. As your go-to source for industry information, education and advancement since 1983, the IGS provides a strong framework for growth in the geosynthetic discipline.
There is a level of membership to fit everyone. The IGS includes individual, corporate, student and benefactor members. Membership of the IGS is primarily organized through national Chapters. In fact, most individual members (94%) belong to the IGS through Chapters, which allows members to be informed about, and participate in, local and regional activities in addition to having access to the resources of the IGS.
So, what do you get for being an IGS member? Well, we can’t promise roses and a box of chocolates, but Individual Members do get discount rates on documents published by the IGS in addition to discounted registration fees for international, regional or national conferences organized by the IGS or under its auspices. Individual Members also enjoy free access to Geosynthetics International and Geotextiles & Geomembranes journals, now published electronically. Our fondness for creating a dynamic and informed geosynthetics community doesn’t stop there. Member benefits also include (but are not limited to):
- subscription to the IGS News newsletter, published three times a year
- online access to 19 IGS Mini Lecture Series
- information on test methods and standards
- IGS lapel pin
- eligibility to enter (and perhaps win) IGS Awards
Note to Student Members: There are special student discounts at all IGS sponsored/supported conferences and seminars, and you will be listed in the Student Members section of the IGS Directory. Student Members (under 36 years of age) are also eligible for the IGS Young Member Award, and you’ll receive the IGS News, published three times a year. Participation in the IGS Young Members Committee is a possibility if you are a student member under the age of 36.
While being an IGS Individual Member has its perks, please don’t forget that being a member of the IGS also benefits the greater good of the geosynthetic discipline. Your IGS Membership:
- supports the aims of the IGS
- contributes to the advancement of the art and science of geotextiles, geomembranes and related products and of their applications
- provides a forum for designers, manufacturers and users, where new ideas can be exchanged and contacts improved
- is a unique way to become increasingly informed, involved and influential in the field of geotextiles, geomembranes, related products and associated technologies
If you’re already a member, thank you. To learn more about the benefits of membership in the IGS, please see our membership page.
[button linnk=”/membership/” color=”B8AC9E” textcolor=”ffffff” target=”blank”]JOIN OR RENEW TODAY![/button]