GeoAmericas 2016 — the 3rd Pan-American Conference on Geosynthetics — continues the GeoAmericas tradition of excellence established in Cancún (2008) and Lima (2012). The North American Geosynthetics Society, which is organizing the event, has opened the abstracts submission window.
[button link=”http://www.geoamericas2016.org/wp-content/uploads/GA2016_CallForAbstracts_web.pdf” color=”B8AC9E” textcolor=”ffffff” target=”blank”]DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ABSTRACTS (PDF)[/button]
Abstracts will be due 30 March 2015.
Submit abstracts online at www.GeoAmericas2016.org.
Abstracts in English of up to 400 words are invited on all applications utilizing geosynthetics. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Water and Wastewater
- Roads, Ports, and Railways
- Slope Stability & Reinforced Structures
- Durability of Geosynthetics
- Waste Management
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance (Construction and Manufacturing)
[button link=”http://www.geoamericas2016.org/” color=”B8AC9E” textcolor=”ffffff” target=”blank”]SUBMIT ABSTRACT[/button]
SPECIAL SESSION TOPICS
GeoAmericas 2016 will host some special sessions, as requested by the engineering community during the previous Call for Proposals. Abstracts are welcomed for special sessions consideration. They include:
- Geosynthetic Stabilized Earth Walls with Clay as Reinforced Soil: Opportunities, Challenges and Experience
- Finite Element Seepage Analysis Involving Geosynthetics
- Limited Life Basal Reinforcement for an Embankment Built on Saturated Soft Clay
- Installation Aspects of Soil Reinforcement Applications
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth Walls and Embankments Adjacent to Existing Structures – Design and Construction
- Atypical Obstacles in Reinforced Soil Design
- Lessons Learned From Failures
- Geomembrane Stress Cracking Resistance Using Various Polymers
- Geosynthetics in Energy Applications
- Geomebrane Welding: What Have We Learned Over the Years
- Geosynthetic Assets: Maximizing Your Return-on Investment
- To Use or Not: Geosynthetics in Permanent Mining Structures, as Waste Dumps and Tailings Dams
LEARNING FROM EVERY REGION AND NATION
GeoAmericas 2016 does not have an overall theme; rather, the organizers seek to bridge nations and regions through their diverse engineering challenges and how engineers in one part of the Americas may learn from engineers in another. From Northern Canada to Cape Horn, a tremendous range of climates and infrastructure needs are found.
At GeoAmericas, the best of the geosynthetic solutions to these challenges will be represented.
IMPORTANT DATE FOR AUTHORS
6 January 2015: Call for abstracts opens
30 March 2015: Call for abstracts closes
15 April 2015: Authors notified
1 August 2015: First draft of papers due
15 September 2015: Reviews complete
30 November 2015: Final papers due
15 January 2016: Presenting authors must be registered
ABOUT GEOAMERICAS 2016
GeoAmericas 2016 (www.GeoAmericas2016.org) will provide an international forum for engineers, practitioners, and academe from throughout the Americas to explore current and future potential applications for geosynthetics. It offers an active marketplace for the promotion of geosynthetic products and technologies, and its keynote lectures, panel discussions, short courses, and technical sessions will offer exceptional knowledge transfer and networking opportunities.
The North American Geosynthetics Society (www.nags-igs.org), which is the host chapter for GeoAmericas 2016, is a chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS).
VENUE AND ACCOMODATION
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
1601 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA
The hotel is located in Miami’s famous South Beach. A pedestrian area with phenomenal restaurants both on site and in immediate walking distance. If you would like to be entertained at one of South Beach’s many world renowned elegant restaurants or if you are ready to simply relax and enjoy vibrant night life. If you are interested in hosting additional corporate meetings or activities during or around GeoAmericas 2016 please contact Elizabeth Peggs (email@example.com) for assistance in coordination.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEOAMERICAS 2016
Sign up for the newsletter on the GeoAmericas 2016 website: www.GeoAmericas2016.org.
GeoAmercicas® 2016 is Hosted by NAGS (North American Geosynthetics Society), Managed by Minerva-Technology, Resources & Information and held under the Auspices of the IGS (International Geosynthetics Society).